Chilean Metals Inc. is a junior mining company focused on exploration for copper and gold in Chile and Nova Scotia. Our profile and mission, very simply, are as follows:
- To take advantage of our significant land position in Chile. This is a country well known for its mineral production we know well and have operated in for 20 years.
- To discover and develop Copper Gold deposits in Chile’s under-explored, easily accessible, low-elevation coastal belt.
- To acquire interests in prospective properties without underlying third party royalties or interests, thus offering attractive leverage to any future joint venture partner. This is achievable through patient acquisition of carefully-selected mineral properties at an early stage. An example of this approach is our acquisitions of four prospective Copper Gold projects in Nova Scotia (see attached press releases on Cogonov Acquisitions)
- To receive cash flow from our ownership of a 3% net smelter return royalty on future production from the Copaquire Cu-Mo deposit of Teck Resources Limited. This royalty has the potential to provide significant future benefit to the Company in terms of non-dilutive exploration funding and/or dividends to our shareholders. This royalty may also provide a model for the Company’s future accretive growth.
- To work with our existing and new potential shareholders with a progressive communications and Investor relations program to insure our potential is well understood by the marketplace and that it translates to improved liquidity and performance of our common stock.